Do you need a plumber in Attleboro Ma? Plumbing
is that one thing some one as a home will eventually
need to take care of. Often it is a pain in finding a
plumbing contractor for homes being built, a remodeling
project you are tackling, or you just need plumbing repair.
When Do you Need to Call a Attleboro Plumbing Contractor?
Some common problems found with plumbing include:
Leaky Faucets – As soon as you notice leaky faucets in the bathroom, kitchen, or laundry room, it’s important to fix them as soon as possible. Even if it seems rather insignificant, any water leaks can cause problems such as mold build up.
* Slow Drains – Hair, food particles, and other debris can build up in a sink or tub causing water to drain slowly. If you want to avoid a completely clogged drain, it’s important to take care of slow drains as soon as you notice them. Otherwise, you could be faced with a much more serious – and expensive – problem down the road.
* Low Water Pressure – If you notice a change in water pressure coming from your shower or sinks, the culprit is likely the faucet aerators being clogged with minerals. This is easy to clean using something like Lime-A-Way. Simply remove the aerators and soak according to package instructions to remove mineral build up.
* High Water Pressure – If your water pressure seems super high, this can also be a problem. You can check water pressure with a pressure gauge. If the pressure is showing as too high, it’s important to replace the pressure regulator. High water pressure can destroy your pipes and cause quite a mess if not taken care of in a timely manner.
* Running Toilets – Nothing wastes water like a running toilet. If you find that you have to wiggle the handle too much to get the toilet to stop running, it is a sign that some work needs to be done; it could be as minor as replacing the flapper chain or flapper seal.
* Sink Leaks – Check under all cabinets with sinks for leaks. If there is any moisture at all under any sink it should be taken care of. Try to locate the source of the leak and repair it using a patch or by replacing the pipes. Catching small leaks before they become large can save both time and money.
* Sewage Backups – If you have a septic system, it’s important to be careful about what you put in your sewer, down your drains, and in the toilet. Sewer issues can be very expensive. If you notice signs of a sewer drain clog, take care of it before it becomes a much bigger problem.
Rattling pipes; may be caused by several factors, most commonly because they are not
sufficiently secured or strapped to the wall frame. The pipes may need to be properly
secured. Slow drains; may be partially clogged. If a kitchen sink, the dishwasher may
be improperly plumbed. The drain may need to be unclogged, or the dishwasher plumbing
Loss of hot water when another faucet is turned on; especially in
older homes when hot and cold water pressures are not balanced. A
pressure balance valve may be required. Toilet tank leaks; plumbing
parts inside the tank or seals may need replacing.
To make sure these plumbing repair problems are properly addressed, or when doing a
remodeling project, you may want to enlist the services of a licensed plumbing
contractor in Attleboro Ma.